Tuesday, September 8, 2026

September Meal Plans - Week 1 Review and Week 2 Options

 

Ala Thel Dala (Spicy Sauteed Potatoes)

My September Week 1 meal plan options were as follows:

Brunches:  Fresh fruit; Milkrice and seeni sambol (September 1); Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes; Pancakes and syrup; French toast, Tortillas with scrambled eggs and lunu miris, Protein shakes

Dinners:  Rice with leftover beef curry and/or chicken curry and vegetables; Sauteed spicy potatoes; Macaroni and cheese (boxed mix) with tuna;  Pork chops with vegetables and rice or baked potatoes or a boxed pasta mix; leftovers

Snacks/Desserts:  Fruit, ice cream, protein drinks; peanut butter and bread; gelatin or pudding; fruit juice/ade.

Here's how that worked out:


Monday (August 31; dental appointment in the early afternoon):
Brunch: Protein drink (me); not sure what daughter had - a frozen burrito, maybe?
Dinner:  Ala thel dala (Spicy sauteed potatoes; me); rice and leftover curries (daughter)
Snacks/Dessert:  Slice of bread with peanut butter (me); bananas; hot cheetos (daughter)

Tuesday (September 1):
Brunch:  Milkrice and seeni sambol
Dinner: Tuna Mac & Cheese: boxed macaroni and cheese with a can of tuna, frozen green peas, chili powder, and ketchup  stirred into it
Snacks/Dessert: Protein drink (me); ice cream; tangerines

Omelet with Spicy Potato Filling

Wednesday:
Brunch:  Omelets with spicy potato filling

Omelet with Ala Thel Dala Filling


Dinner:  

Rice, Beef Curry, Sauteed Moringa Leaves, Cucumber


Snacks/Dessert

Thursday:
Brunch:  Pancakes and seeni sambol (me); pancakes and syrup (daughter)

Pancakes and Seeni Sambol

Dinner:  Leftover milkrice (me); rice and chicken curry (daughter)
Snacks/Dessert: Watermelon

Friday:
Brunch:  French toast
Dinner:  Pork chop and salad (daughter); ramen noodles with sliced pork chop added (me)

Homemade Potato Chips with Chili Powder & Salt

Snacks/Dessert: Homemade potato chips, chocolate cake and ice cream

Saturday:
Brunch:   Egg salad sandwich
Dinner:  More egg salad sandwiches, cheese, salami, & crackers (picnic meal at the park)
Snacks/Dessert:  Chocolate cake, calamondin-ade

Sunday:
Brunch:  Prayer gathering lunch at cousin's: Rice and an assortment of curries, salad; assorted desserts
Dinner:  Appa (hoppers) with chicken curry
Snacks/Dessert: Bread pudding, flan, jello, berries, watermelon

Appa/Hopper

I sort of followed my meal plan options during September Week 1 and it all worked out quite nicely.

Moving onto September Week 2, here are my meal plan options:

Brunches:  Eggs, sausages, and fried potatoes; French toast, Raisin buns with bananas, Tortillas with scrambled eggs and lunu miris, Fried rice, Tuna salad sandwiches, Congee

Sunday Afternoon Potluck (daughter & friends):  Pasta salad (daughter), whatever daughter's friends might bring!

Dinners:  Rice with sauteed salmon and cucumber salad; Rice with chicken curry, sauteed cabbage, beetroot curry, and eggplant curry; Pork chops with mashed potatoes and vegetables; Leftovers

Snacks/Desserts:  Fruit, ice cream, chocolate cake, smoothies, raisin buns

As always, I am grateful for the blessing of having plenty of food to eat, variety, and choice.

How about you?  Did you make a meal plan for the first week in September?  If so, did you follow the plan?  Are you making a meal plan for the second week in September?

4 comments:

  1. I would love to see some of your more simple recipes. Also I would love to learn more about the milk rice on the first of the month. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anonymous. If you do a search for "Cooking with Bless" on the search bar on the blog (upper left corner), you will find a collection of my "recipes" for some of the meals I make, including milk rice. Milk rice is similar to an unsweetened version of rice pudding. Basically, it is rice cooked with water and coconut milk until it becomes thick. One could use dairy milk or any other type of milk, but, coconut milk is what is used traditionally. It is made for all special occasions such as New Year celebrations, weddings, and the first of the month for good luck. One can eat it with savory accompaniments such as sambols and curries or with sweet accompaniments such as jaggery (traditional), brown or white sugar, or even syrup, I suppose (although I've never eaten it with syrup!)
      I'm glad you are enjoying my blog, but, please, won't you provide a name at the end of your comment? That would be very helpful.

      Delete
  2. Lovely food photos. I've got to get back into the swing of things and do the meal planning again. I certainly enjoyed not having to think about it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. I hope you've had a lovely visit with your sisters.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.