![]() |
| Niwatori Perched on Daughter's Back |
It's been one year since my daughter moved back home! That year has flown by! I am very thankful she's home with me (especially with my health issues popping up every so often) and she says she's happy to be home. We've readjusted to living together without any problems, making a few accommodations to keep the house fairly quiet during her work hours since she works from home for the most part. I do the majority of the cooking and she has been taking on more of the house cleaning, especially the vacuuming after my most recent sciatica flare up (although she dislikes housework). She's taken over some of the yard work, too, and taking out the trash cans, etc. I still do most of the driving and she has taken over the online bill paying, since she has assumed responsibility for the utilities. In a way, we've assumed the sort of relationship my mother and I had (my mother did most of the cooking and I did most of the housework, for example).
We share the chicken care duties, too. I wake up early to let them out of the coop into their enclosure and give them breakfast. Daughter cleans the coop, make sure they have food and cool water (during this summer heat we are having, she puts a bottle of frozen water in their water container to keep the water cool), collects any eggs, and puts them back in the coop for the night. The hens have laid 16 eggs to date! We've eaten five of them, given away eight of them (four to M who has helped us so much with getting the coop and enclosure ready and four to neighbor S who brought us dinner tonight!)
Today, being the 1st of August, I made milkrice for breakfast. Later in the morning, daughter's friend V came over to spend some time with her. They chatted, played a video game, and did some cross stitching together. Daughter ordered pizza for lunch and, when V was leaving, gave her the gifts to give her daughters (the fishing game to her older daughter and a board book for her younger daughter).
Later in the afternoon, we did a load of laundry.
In the early evening, neighbor S called to ask if we'd like to have some Chinese food she had bought (apparently, she had some company over to lunch). I said I'd love to have some and she and her mother brought over a feast:
![]() |
| Chinese Food Plus Fruit and Dessert |
Daughter and I gifted them with four of the eggs our chickens had laid and they were so happy.
![]() |
| Crocheted Blanket |
Later in the evening, daughter and I put the chickens in for the night (she did all the work while I sat in a garden chair and watched "live chicken TV") LOL. Niwatori seems to think that daughter makes a good perch and yesterday, she climbed onto daughter's shoulder!
Today, I am grateful for:
- Daughter being home with me
- All the blessings of this last year that she's been home
- Daughter being able to spend some time with her friend
- Neighbor S bringing us dinner
- Chickens providing us with eggs and entertainment
Plans for tomorrow include:
- Watering the house plants
- Cleaning the kitchen
- Decluttering
How was your Saturday? What are your plans for Sunday?



A whole year already!!!??? I am so glad it has worked out well for you both 👍❤️
ReplyDeleteThank you, Angela. Yes, a whole year already! :D
DeleteSono contenta che tua figlia ti dia una mano a casa e che questo ti alleggerisca un po' dalle varie incombenze.
ReplyDeleteStefania said (per Google Translate): I'm glad your daughter helps you out at home and that this relieves you a bit of your various chores.
DeleteThank you, Stefania. Yes, she's been very helpful. :)
Such a happy post. You and your daughter make very good roommates. I know it doesn't always work when one lives with their adult children, but we were very happy when my son was living with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you, June. Yes, I remember when your son lived with you and he would prepare some meals for you. I'm very happy that my daughter is living with me now. :)
DeleteThat year has passed quickly!
ReplyDeleteIt's so lovely that the two of you can live together and spend time together.
Thank you, Sharon. The year did pass very quickly, didn't it?
DeleteHappy August, Bless! The photo of your daughter and Nowatori made me smile.
ReplyDeleteI can't think that it's been a year since she moved back in with you. It's gone so quickly! Although, it's so great that you've both readjusted and that the arrangement is working well for you both. It isn't always easy, as adults, living together. X
Thank you, Jules. Happy August to you, too. :) Yes, it's been a year and things have worked out quite well. It's been a blessing, actually.
Delete