Friday, October 2, 2026

Monthly Goals: September Goals Review/October Goals

Neptune Rose

Now that the month of September is over and October has begun, I thought I'd review my September goals and maybe even make some goals for October.

September Garden Goals: 

-  Cutting down the dead curry leaf tree and thinning out the daughter plants - M didn't have time to cut down the curry leaf tree, but, he did thin out some of the daughter plants.

- Getting the eucalyptus tree trimmed (or, even, cut down and removed) - The. eucalyptus tree was cut down and removed!  I'm feeling good about getting that accomplished!

- Removing all the asparagus ferns growing in the backyard as they are toxic to the chickens and ours keep wanting to eat them - Accomplished, although some of them are trying to regrow from the remnants of underground runners!  

-.Planting winter vegetables - Started.  Daughter assembled two of the four raised bed planters we bought and I set them out in the garden.  We need to buy potting soil for them and fill them up, but, we are waiting for cooler weather in October to start planting.  The temperatures are in the 90s currently, with the forecast calling for triple digits over the weekend.  Not exactly the time to plant winter vegetables!

October Garden Goals will include cutting down the curry leaf tree and planting the winter vegetables.

September Health Goals: 

-  Medical and dental appointments.  I had a lab test during the first week in September and the majority of the results were normal.  It was followed by a doctor's appointment during the second week, a bone density scan the following week, and a dental appointment the week after that!  I don't know the results of the bone density scan yet, but, it is to see if there is any worsening of my osteopenia.  The dental visit was for a crown and additional work to prepare another tooth for a crown.  

October Health Goals will include two more dental visits.

September House Goals:

- Getting some plumbing work done to address leaky faucets and slow drains - The only progress was to get M's plumber's contact information.  

- Getting some repairs done - Again, the only progress was getting the contact information of a handyman, but, I didn't actually contact him.

-  Continuing with the decluttering - My decluttering goal was at least 30 items decluttered.  I did declutter 30 items: 7 scarves, 2 blouses, 5 pairs of socks, 1 old bedsheet, 1 kitchen towel, 5 plastic food storage containers, 4 large cardboard boxes I was using to store some stuff, 2 bottles, 1 jar, 1 old toilet flap and chain we kept in case the replacement one was the wrong size (it wasn't), and 1 dead houseplant.  In addition, I  decluttered one additional bonus item, which was the eucalyptus tree! But, then, I added a 30-piece dinnerware set!  Oops!  

October House Goals will include getting the plumbing and repairs done and continuing to declutter with a goal of 31 items decluttered.  

Other September goals included:

- Getting the kittens trapped and fixed - We managed to trap and neuter two of the kittens.  The third kitten avoided getting trapped, so we will try again in October.

- Sewing my hexagon quilt - On-going

- Sewing myself a sari blouse - I didn't need to as I was able to find one that fitted me well enough with some minor alterations for the time being.  But, daughter sewed herself a new sari blouse, instead.

Did you make any goals for September?  If so, were you able to attain those goals?  Are you making any goals for October?

6 comments:

  1. I think you did a good job on your goals. I did not realize that asparagus was toxic to chickens! Great job on the decluttering. That is my big goal once the weather gets colder here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. Chickens can eat regular asparagus stalks that we eat, BUT, they should not eat the ornamental plants generally known as asparagus ferns (Asparagus aethiopicus 'Sprengeri') and (Asparagus setaceus). I have both growing in my garden and while the chickens seem to leave the Asparagus setaceus alone, they seem to love the Sprenger's Asparagus and have been making a bee line for them when they are let out of their enclosure!

      Delete
  2. I think this is such a good practice of making and reviewing goals each month. Some day I will start doing it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, June. I obviously don't achieve all the goals I set for myself, each month, but, I do like to have a few goals written down to motivate me. Otherwise, I feel that I am not getting anything done!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photo, dear friend! I love your posts! I enjoy reading your menus, lists and goals. You are amazing! I really appreciate your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.