![]() |
| September 27th Groceries: |
I ordered groceries on Saturday evening and received the delivery on Sunday morning. I bought half & half, more cans of tuna, packets of coffee, boxed pasta mixes, sparkling water, and a bag of snacks. The tuna and the coffee were at an even better sale price (with digital coupons) than when I stocked up, earlier! I was very pleasantly surprised.
Here's the receipt:
Order Summary
Item Details
16 Items
Order Coupons
-$2.00
Other Fees
$0.20
I spent a total of: $54.03
After my grocery shopping on September 18, I had a balance remaining of $57.99 in my September grocery budget of $250.
September grocery budget = $250
Total spent on groceries in September = $56.50 + $42.66 + $92.85 + $54.03 = $246.04
Balance remaining in the September grocery budget = $250 - $246.04 = $3.96
I am pleased with my grocery spending in September. October's grocery budget will be $250, again.
As always, I am grateful for:
- The availability of groceries
- Sales and offers
- Being able to order online and have groceries delivered
- Daughter paying for the grocery delivery membership
- Being able to stock up the pantry
How did you do with your grocery spending in September?

You got some good deals on this last shop. With your stock ups, you should be pretty well set for a while.
ReplyDeleteThank you, June. I was happy to find some good deals and be able to stock up a bit more. I won't be needing rice or coffee for a while, that's for sure! LOL.
DeleteWell done.
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Thank you, Regine. :)
DeleteWell done with your September grocery budget!
ReplyDeleteI have only had groceries delivered during the pandemic but I have seen Kroger, Walmart, and Whole Foods deliveries in the neighborhood regularly. I might have to start doing it on occasion.
Thank you, Anne. My daughter and I were discussing the pros and cons of having groceries delivered, last night. The cost of the membership/delivery charges vs. the convenience. We will review it when the membership renewal comes up, next year.
DeleteSome great deals, Bless. I think I've done quite well with my grocery shopping this month, having taken advantage of some special offers and savings. I did the weekly shop yesterday, which came to a lot less than I'd expected. X
ReplyDeleteWell done, Jules! Glad you were able to do well with your grocery shopping this month and take advantage of some special offers and savings. Every little bit helps, right?
DeleteYou did (and do) so well, dear Bless!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda. :)
Deletegood job with the budgeting. I think I'm over. sigh
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sharon. I hope you are not over by too much.
DeleteThat must be very satisfying to get to the end of the month with some money left over! You did well on the Tuna, too.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bushlady. It does feel good to end the month with some money left over. I can then start the new month with a full budget. :)
DeleteThose are some amazing bargains! They were real 'stock up if you have the room' prices and well done for finding them.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lyssa. I am finding room for my pantry items in various places, throughout the house! :)
DeleteI saw the coffee in the picture and thought "Hey you already stocked up on that" lol. Then I read on and saw you ended up with an even better price. I'm sure that feels good as coffee has really increased in price.
ReplyDeleteYou ended the month very well with a small surplus.
Yes, I was determined to stock up even a bit more when I saw that the coffee was $2 cheaper than what I had paid earlier! In fact, they are having it at that price this week, too, but, I'm already well stocked up on coffee. Part of me wishes I had waited to stock up, but, then, again, I might have waited and regretted it, too. You win some and you lose some, I guess. But, at least, I avoided paying full price! LOL.
Delete