![]() |
| Saturday Dinner: Rice and Curries (chicken curry, moringa curry, cucumber salad, peach chutney) |
These were my August Week 4 meal plan options:
Brunches: Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes or toast; Egg salad sandwiches; Hamburgers; Waffles Peanut butter sandwiches
Dinners: Tortillas with beef curry and cucumber salad; Rice with beef curry, sauteed kale, moringa curry, and cucumber salad; Pork chops with rice and green peas; Rice with chicken curry and spicy sauteed potatoes; Pizza; leftovers
Snacks/Desserts: Fruit, bread pudding, ice cream, yogurt, maybe a fruit smoothie, honey roasted peanuts, homemade potato chips
Here's how that turned out:
Monday:
Brunch: Half a homemade hamburger (me); orange juice & watermelon (daughter; she had a migraine)
Dinner: Chicken curry, rice, sauteed kale, cucumber salad, peach chutney
Brunch: Half a homemade hamburger (me); orange juice & watermelon (daughter; she had a migraine)
Dinner: Chicken curry, rice, sauteed kale, cucumber salad, peach chutney
Snacks/Dessert: Bread pudding, mandarin oranges, watermelon, yogurt, garlic bread bites
Tuesday:
Brunch: Other half of the hamburger (me); pizza (daughter)
Dinner: Pizza
Brunch: Other half of the hamburger (me); pizza (daughter)
Dinner: Pizza
Snacks/Dessert: Galic bread bites, bread pudding, ice cream, banana
Wednesday:
Brunch: Egg salad sandwiches and almonds
Dinner: Beef curry with rice, sauteed kale, and peach chutney (daughter); beef curry and tortilla (me)
Brunch: Egg salad sandwiches and almonds
Dinner: Beef curry with rice, sauteed kale, and peach chutney (daughter); beef curry and tortilla (me)
Snacks/Dessert: Bread pudding, almonds with herbes de Provence seasoning (gift from M), cantaloupe, dates with peanut butter, banana
Thursday:
Brunch: Egg salad sandwiches
Dinner: Scrambled eggs & homemade fries
Dinner: Scrambled eggs & homemade fries
Snacks/Dessert: Honey roasted peanuts,
Friday:
Breakfast: Smoothie (banana, blueberries, peaches)
Breakfast: Smoothie (banana, blueberries, peaches)
Lunch: Sandwiches with pork filling, cucumber salad
Dinner: Tortillas and curry (chicken curry - daughter; beef curry - me)
Dinner: Tortillas and curry (chicken curry - daughter; beef curry - me)
Snacks/Dessert: Dates, Asian pears
Saturday:
Brunch: Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes
Brunch: Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes
Dinner: Rice, beef curry (daughter), chicken curry (me), moringa curry, cucumber salad, peach chutney
Snacks/Dessert: Almonds, honey roasted peanuts, tangerines, ice cream
![]() |
| Sunday Brunch: Pork Fried Rice |
Sunday:
Brunch: Pork fried rice
Dinner: Rice, sauteed moringa leaves, chicken curry, moringa curry, cucumber salad, peach chutney
Snacks/Dessert: Bananas, tangerines, ice cream, wafers
I didn't follow the meal plan options to the letter, but, then again, I rarely ever do, so that was nothing new! The important thing is neither my daughter nor I went hungry.
Moving on to September Week 1 (which includes Monday, August 31 since my week is from Monday to Sunday). I had some dental work done on Monday and I was told to eat mostly soft foods for a few days. My September Week 1 meal plan options are as follows:
Brunches: Fresh fruit; Milkrice and seeni sambol (September 1); Scrambled eggs and fried potatoes; Pancakes and syrup; French toast, Tortillas with scrambled eggs and lunu miris, Protein shakes
Dinners: Rice with leftover beef curry and/or chicken curry and vegetables; Sauteed spicy potatoes; Macaroni and cheese (boxed mix) with tuna; Pork chops with vegetables and rice or baked potatoes or a boxed pasta mix; leftovers
Snacks/Desserts: Fruit, ice cream, protein drinks; peanut butter and bread; gelatin or pudding; fruit juice/ade.
How about you? Are you making a meal plan for the first week in September?
Dinner:
Snacks/Dessert:





I'm back to work this week, so I'll need to be making a meal plan to help smooth the transition. Xx
ReplyDeleteI hope your transition to going back to work goes smoothly and the meal planning helps. Wish Lily all the best as she starts a new school year, too. :)
DeleteI like the look is your Saturday menu. But what is moringa, please?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Angela. Moringa (Moringa oleifera) is a tree with edible leaves, flowers, and pods, and its bark and roots are used for medicinal and other purposes, as well. Moringa pods were my favorite vegetable when I was growing up. I now have a moringa tree growing in my garden and I've been picking the pods to make a curry and sauteeing the leaves. I tend to leave the flowers for the hummingbirds and the bees.
DeleteIt all looks delicious! I'd love for you to share your pork fried rice recipe sometime! That's something I would love to learn to make.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mandy. I really don't have a recipe for my pork fried rice! Fried rice is something I make quite often, whenever I have some leftover rice and I add whatever vegetables and cooked meat I have on hand to it! In this case, it was a handful of mixed frozen vegetables and half a cooked pork chop, which I cut up into small pieces. Plus, two scrambled eggs, soy sauce, chili powder, and sesame oil. :)
DeleteI don't do regular meal planning, but I think it's time again to see what's in the freezer that we should use.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wonder why I even bother because I am constantly going off my planned meal options, but, it is helpful to know what I have on hand and planned to make that week. I had eggs and potatoes for brunch, today, for example, although not quite the scrambled eggs and fried potatoes I had listed! :D
DeleteYou have some lovely food photos there. One thing I never have wanted is a smoothie, except as a rare treat while away somewhere and needing an energy boost while shopping. I think I have this idea that if I can't chew it even a little, I haven't eaten! Of course after dental work, any soft food would be welcome.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bushlady. We wanted the smoothie mostly because it was something cold on a very hot day! And since it was made with just frozen fruit (1 banana, about a cup of blueberries, just a few pieces of peaches) and a little bit of water, without any added sugar, it was a relatively healthy treat. :)
DeleteI've been concerned I'm not eating enough fruit and vegetables. Perhaps I should try a smoothie for breakfast from time to time.
DeleteA smoothie would be a good way to consume more fruit and vegetables, FD. I didn't add any vegetables to my smoothie, this time, but, some people do add vegetables to theirs.
DeleteI always love reading what you had and what you plan. Like you, I might follow my plan or I might not. We eat everyday and that is all that counts.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Anne. I enjoy reading your meal plans, too. Yes, the important thing is that we eat every day.
DeleteYummy food (as usual) was served up at your house.
ReplyDeleteWhat did you do to your almonds? Is that a spicy coating?
The scrambled eggs and potatoes look particularly appetizing to me this morning. ;)
Thank you, Debra. The almonds had an Herbes de Provence seasoning. It wasn't spicy, but, had a strong savory flavor of various herbs including oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc. M had been given a container of them by one of his clients and he gave them to me because he apparently can't eat almonds.
Delete