Thursday, September 24, 2026

September Groceries - Part 3 A & B

September 18th Groceries Part 3 A


September groceries part 3  comes in two parts!  I put in an order for yet more groceries on Thursday, September 17 and they were delivered on Friday morning, September 18 (photos above and below).  Later,  on Friday afternoon, I went to one of the ethnic grocery stores to pick up a few other items I wanted (no photo of the groceries, but, a photo of the receipt, below).

September 18th Groceries Part 3A (continued)


First, the groceries for Part 3A - I was still in a stocking up frame of mind, so, I bought another bag of rice, another bag of sugar, some soup noodles, condensed milk, a packet of dried milk powder, and daughter's favorite snack on a multi-buy sale.  I also bought some treats (ice cream, cookies) and fruit, including regular strawberries which were on a special digital coupon offer for $1.49 each.  I had specified no substitutions, but, the shopper substituted organic strawberries at full price of $3.99 each without notifying me and I was not pleased.  This time, I requested a refund, which was approved.  I was ready to return the strawberries to the store, but, I was told to keep them, which I did.

Here's the receipt:

Order Summary

Original Item Total$95.39
Item Coupons/Sales-$19.00
Fulfillment Fee+$0.00
Other Fees+$0.60
Sales Tax$0.00
Order Total$76.99

Item Details

22 Items

Bakery Fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies, 12 count$3.00
1 x $3.00 each
Cheetos® Flamin' Hot Puffs Chips, 8 oz$10.00
4 x $2.50 $5.49 each
Fresh Bunch of Bananas – 5-7 Bananas, 1 bunch$1.45
2.16 lbs x $0.67 $0.69 each (approx.)
Fresh Organic Strawberries - 1 LB clamshell, 1 lb$7.98
2 x $3.99 each
Kroger® Cinnamon Graham Crackers, 14.4 oz$2.79
1 x $2.79 each
Kroger® Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk, 25.6 oz$8.99
1 x $8.99 each
Kroger® Long Grain Rice, 10 lb$6.99
1 x $6.99 each
Kroger® Milk Chocolate Flavored Hot Cocoa Mix, 8 ct / 11 oz$2.99
1 x $2.99 each
Kroger® Sweetened Condensed Milk, 14 oz$9.96
4 x $2.49 each
Maruchan Ramen® Noodle Soup, Chicken Flavor Instant Noodles, 1 ea$3.99
1 x $3.99 each
Nissin® Cup Noodles® Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup, 6 ct / 2.25 oz$2.99
1 x $2.99 $4.79 each
Private Selection® Double Vanilla Ice Cream Pint, 16 oz$4.98
2 x $2.49 $3.59 each
Seedless Mandarin Clementine Oranges in 3lb Bag, 3 lb$2.99
1 x $2.99 $5.99 each
Smart Way™ Granulated Sugar, 10 lbs$7.29
1 x $7.29 each

Other Fees

$0.60

Bag Fee$0.60
6 x $0.10 each


My total came to: $76.99 - $7.98 (refund for the strawberries) = $69.01

On Friday afternoon, I went to the ethnic store for additional items (mostly to buy potatoes on sale for $1.99/10 lb.), but, I also bought raisin buns, bread rolls, dates, broccoli, and a jar of hazelnut spread.  I didn't take a picture of the items I bought, but, here's a picture of the receipt:

Receipt for the Rest of the Groceries

My total came to $23.84 at the ethnic grocery store.

Total spent at both grocery stores = $69.01 + $23.84 = $92.85

My September grocery budget (for food items only) = $250

Spent to date = $56.50 + $42.66 + $92.85 = $192.01

Balance remaining in the September grocery budget = $250 - $192.01 = $57.99

With another week or so left in September, I feel that I am doing well with my grocery budget this month.  

As always, I am grateful for:
- The availability of groceries
- Being able to order groceries online and have them delivered
- Being able to stock up
- Having a variety and a choice
- Store refunds

How are you doing with your September grocery shopping?  Are you finding good bargains?

16 comments:

  1. You got some great deals there, Bless, and well done for getting a refund on the strawberries. I managed to get some salmon on sale last week, which I was really pleased about. Hopefully, there will be more bargains to be had when I go shopping at the weekend, especially as the price of fuel has increased so drastically. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jules. I'm glad you were able to get salmon on sale and hope you find some good deals this weekend. I've been hearing about the UK government asking people to stock up on certain items and prepare for emergencies. Our government isn't saying anything, but, I read various government reports about crop yields and such and am preparing. If not El Nino, there's always the possibility of earthquakes over here. Rising fuel prices are sure to drive up the cost of everything that is being transported from point of manufacture to the stores.

      Delete
  2. no good bargains here unfortunately though I am grateful for delivery. Good job on your savings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, e. Yes, delivery is a blessing, isn't it? What are some of the grocery stores in your area? Back when I lived in Florida (late 1970s), we shopped at a Piggly Wiggly. If you have a Winn Dixie near you, their weekly ad states they have chicken thighs or drumsticks for $-.99/lb. I think there's a limit of 3 or 4 trays, but, I'd buy the limit at that price if I had the freezer space. I've 2 trays of chicken drumsticks in my freezer, currently, bought at $1.19/lb.

      Delete
  3. Is your cocoa mix designed to be mixed with milk or water? I prefer the water one for convenience. Once the weather gets cooler, that will be my bedtime drink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cocoa mix is to be mixed with hot water, Angela. I am also thinking of making my own hot cocoa mix with some of the dried milk powder I bought, but, the instant mixes are very convenient. :)

      Delete
  4. You did so well. 10 lbs rice for 6.99.
    Wow 👌 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. :) I am well stocked up with rice, now.

      Delete
  5. Do you miss the days of Jennifer and fewer mistakes with your orders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sort of do, June, although Jennifer wasn't there for several months before I switched to the delivery service. But, the convenience of not having to drive to the store to pick up mitigates it. :)

      Delete
  6. I was able to take advantage of a good deal on granulated sugar last week (and it was even on my list to buy). I bought 2 kg. (about 4.40lb) for $2. This week it is $3.79.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did great picking up the sugar at that price, Bushlady. :)

      Delete
  7. It was bad of them to add those strawberries. Having a delivery can work out well, but only if the store plays fair. At Tesco, if you get a more expensive substitution, you only get charged the original price, which I think mays the substitution a little easier to deal with.
    Shopping is getting harder and harder these days. You are still making it work, and that is a triumph just by itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lyssa. The shopping for delivery is done by a 3rd party; shopping for store pick up is done by store employees. It used to be that the store charged whatever was the lower price of the two when substitutions were made, but, they've stopped doing that. Even so, getting the deliveries is working well enough for me, so, I shall continue with it. :)

      Delete
  8. It's good that you're staying under budget. I'm struggling! The meal planning is definitely helping though.
    I would think if they substituted, they would have price matched! Glad you asked for a refund!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sharon. Staying under budget becomes more of a challenge as prices go up, doesn't it? Meal planning based on what's on sale that week is the way to go. I'm glad I was able to get the refund on the strawberries, especially after I had indicated I didn't want a substitution. I would not have bought strawberries for $4/lb. unless it was a very special occasion.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.