![]() |
| Bare Branches on the Curry Leaf Tree |
It looks like the older of the two curry leaf trees has died. My mother bought it as a tiny plant back in the late 1980s, when we were living in an apartment and she had it growing in a pot on our balcony. It was one of the first plants we planted in the garden when I bought the house, 35 years ago. The main tree seems to have died, but, there are plenty of daughter plants growing around it. Cutting down the dead plant and thinning out the daughter plants is one of my goals for September.
Other September goals for the garden include getting the eucalyptus tree trimmed (or, even, cut down and removed), removing all the asparagus ferns growing in the backyard as they are toxic to the chickens and ours keep wanting to eat them. and planting winter vegetables.
September health goals include medical and dental appointments. I've a lab test scheduled for this week, a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week, a bone density scan scheduled for the following week, and a dental appointment scheduled for the week after that! The focus is to improve my overall health through diet, exercise, and medications as needed.
September goals regarding the house include getting some plumbing work done to address leaky faucets and slow drains, some repairs done, and continuing with the decluttering.
Other goals for September include getting the kittens trapped and fixed, sewing my hexagon quilt, and sewing myself a sari blouse.
How about you? Are you making any goals for September?

Hi dear friend, thank you so much for sharing this post! I was unable to comment until now (I made a special post on my blog about the comments issues). It turns out that many, many people had the same problem! Your focus on improving your overall health is commendable. I am trying to do the same thing.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a lovely weekend.
Hi Linda. Thank you so much for commenting! I have not been able to post a comment on any of my usual blogs and I just wrote about it in a new post!
DeleteI really need to work on improving my overall health. I had a blood test done today and once the results come in, I'll discuss them with my doctor and we'll take it from there.
Thank you, Linda; hope that you, too, have a lovely weekend.
Hi Bless. I think blogger is just about ok now. I will think about September tasks once I am home from holiday
DeleteThank you, Angela. Yes, comments are going through, now! I hope you are having a lovely holiday; there'll be time enough to make a task list when you get back from holiday. :)
DeleteI looked up curry trees and it said they live about 20 years, so your tree has had a good long life. I'm sure it got good care from your mother, you, and M.
ReplyDeleteThank you, June; yes, I read that they live for about 20-25 years, although some trees can live longer. This tree has had a good run; we will encourage one of its daughter plants to take its place, now. :)
DeleteI'm glad you still have one curry tree and some small ones. I think my goal for September will have to involve decluttering!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bushlady. The curry leaf tree that we pruned a couple of years ago has grown back quite full, again, and we have several smaller trees, with new ones coming up just about everywhere (they can be quite invasive!).
DeleteDecluttering is on-going, isn't it? :)
I too have been unable to comment. And i was behind as it was!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I am sorry your tree seems to have had it, but it's nice to think that its successor will be a relative. It did well to last this long.
I think we were all experiencing difficulty commenting, yesterday, Lady Ella. But, I'm glad you were able to comment today. Thank you; the tree survived a long time and we'll allow one of the daughter plants to take over. :)
DeleteThat's such a shame about the tree, but how great that you have baby curry leaf plants that you can now nurture.
ReplyDeleteIt won't be long until my lemon trees will be brought indoors for the cooler months. They have thrived in the high temperatures, this summer. X
Thank you, Jules. Yes, there are baby curry leaf plants popping up all over the place! We will select a couple of them to take over and cut the rest down!
DeleteI'm sure your lemon trees are doing well. Did they flower this year? If not, I hope they'll flower next year. :)
Lots coming up at your house.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very full list for the fall season - I hope you make a good stab at it and click off a few things. It always feels good to do that.
I have a list in my head for my yard and actually did one of the things this morning. There is a bed along my walkway to the back yard that used to be a shady bed but is now a sunny bed. I had taken out the shady plants in the spring but have never re-planted the bed, so it remained empty all summer. (The dog next door on the other side of the fence, sounds very threatening towards me when I'm trying to work there. It's a bit starling and upsetting to deal with so I've just avoided it)
This morning I watched for his parents to leave for work knowing he would. be in the house, then went out and got it done! Out bright and early at 8 am, dug up the bed to loosen the dirt then dug up a bunch of Siberian Iris I had that needed transplanting and got the job done planting them along with a stray bearded iris (not white like yours unfortunately)
I'm feeling very good about my lot in life as I sit here and drink my coffee. :)
It does feel good to get a job done doesn't it?
Thank you, Debra. I haven't made much progress on my September goals, but, there's still some month left! Or, I might make them my Autumn goals! LOL.
DeleteYou have been busy this morning! Well done getting that bed all dug up and planted with the irises! It's going to look lovely once the plants come up and start to flower in the spring.