Monday, September 21, 2026

On Monday

 

View from the Dental Chair

On Monday, I had another dental appointment in the early afternoon.  I know that other people fit in dental appointments between other daily tasks, but, for me, it looms so big that I can't do anything before or after!

I did get up early and feed the chickens and let them out of the coop into their larger enclosure.  Then, I went back to bed and slept a little more.  After I woke up for the second time, I had a cup of tea, said my morning prayers, and got ready for my dentist's appointment.  

Daughter worked in the morning and took some time off in the afternoon to go with me.  We were at the dentist's office for almost three hours.  I had three teeth worked on and one permanent crown fitted.

On the way home, we stopped to pick up some Thai fried rice from our local, family operated Thai food place.  Daughter had some of it for a late lunch after we got home; I had a meal replacement drink.  

We let the chickens out in the evening and I watched them while daughter cleaned the coop and took the trash cans to the curb.  

Later in the evening, daughter's friend A brought over more mooncakes she had made!  

I also texted cousin N to see how she was doing.  One of the things Aunt C had asked me, before she died, was to be there for my cousin and I promised her that I would.  

On Monday, I was grateful for:

- Daughter accompanying me to the dental appointment for moral support
- A safe drive there and back
- Anesthesia
- Daughter treating us to Thai take out
- Daughter's friend bringing us more mooncakes

Today's joyful activities included spending time in the garden with the chickens.  

Tomorrow's plans include the tree trimmers coming out to tend to the eucalyptus tree:

The Eucalyptus Tree on 9/21/26

How was your Monday?  What are your plans for Tuesday?

12 comments:

  1. Three hours in a dentist chair is a long time. I understand why that takes your entire day. Hope you are done with dental work for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus an hour to go there and another hour to drive home, again. Unfortunately, I have to go back in two weeks for another treatment! That will be another 2 hour visit.

      Delete
  2. Oh I sympathize with your experience of going to the dentist. It is not just physically draining, but emotionally as well. I hope you don't have any more three hour appointments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celie. Unfortunately, I have another at least 2 hour appointment coming up in two weeks! In addition to being physically and emotionally draining, it is financially draining, too, since I am going to an out of network dentist and I have to pay out of pocket!

      Delete
  3. Gosh! What have you been doing to your teeth! I hope the pain and expense of all these appointments will eventually culminate in a brilliant white smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had neglected going to a dentist for too long (partly because I didn't like the dentist assigned to me by my insurance) and when I did eventually go, they found a lot of things that needed attention! I don't know about the brilliant white smile (I've refused implants and veneers, etc. and opted for a partial denture), but, I hope that there will be fewer dental problems after all this!

      Delete
  4. You must have been exhausted following your dental work. It always amuses me how just lying in a chair can be such hard work. I hope you managed to rest up afterwards. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does wear me out! I can never relax sufficiently when I'm having dental work done. I did take it easy for the rest of the day. :)

      Delete
  5. Its never pleasant visiting the dentist. I feel for you, Bless, as 3 hrs is a very long time to be worked on. Expensive too I guess. We are so lucky to have an NHS dentist and I dread the day he retires. We trust him as he worked at the hospital previously and knows what he is doing. Its only a year or two before he reaches retirement age 🫣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angie. I had a dentist assigned to me by my insurance and I went to him for a few years, but, I didn't really like him or the work he did. So, now, I'm using an out of network dentist and it's costing me quite a bit, but, thankfully, I've saved enough to afford it. I hope you find an equally competent and trusted dentist when your current dentist retires.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comments are much appreciated. Please comment in English. No Anonymous comments, please. And no links to other websites, especially advertising products. Thank you.