![]() |
| Thursday Dinner Sauteed Pork, Fried Potatoes, Sauteed Kale |
I'm late with my meal plans and reviews, again! These were my meal plan options for September Week 3: (9/14 - 9/20)
Brunches: Leftovers from Sunday's Afternoon Tea (Monday and Tuesday); pancakes or waffles; Eggs, bacon, and toast (French toast with bacon) or fried potatoes; leftovers
Dinners: Leftover Pasta (on Monday); Breakfast for Dinner (Eggs, Bacon, Toast - Tuesday); Pork chops made over with rice fried potatoes and vegetables; Chicken Kottu Roti made with tortillas instead of roti; Rice and curries (chicken, beets, cabbage thel dala, etc.); leftovers
Snacks/Desserts: Bananas, peanut butter and crackers, mooncakes, tangerines, watermelon, cantaloupe, muffins or bread pudding; pastries
Here's how that worked out:
Monday:
Brunch: Leftover potato balls and meat pies from Sunday's Tea
Dinner: Pasta with pesto, canned chicken breast, and roasted bell peppers (Leftovers from Sunday's Tea)
Brunch: Leftover potato balls and meat pies from Sunday's Tea
Dinner: Pasta with pesto, canned chicken breast, and roasted bell peppers (Leftovers from Sunday's Tea)
Snacks/Dessert: Bananas, leftover pastries, mooncake
Tuesday:
Brunch: Leftover potato balls and meat pies from Sunday
Dinner: Breakfast for Dinner - Eggs, Bacon, Toast
Brunch: Leftover potato balls and meat pies from Sunday
Dinner: Breakfast for Dinner - Eggs, Bacon, Toast
Snacks/Dessert: More pastries and mooncake
Wednesday:
Brunch: Yogurt with peach jam and fruit (me; daughter had congee)
Dinner: Rice, chicken curry, beetroot curry, sauteed spicy cabbage (gova thel dala)
Dinner: Rice, chicken curry, beetroot curry, sauteed spicy cabbage (gova thel dala)
Snacks/Dessert: Banana, watermelon, half a mooncake
![]() |
| Wednesday Dinner: Rice and Curries (Chicken curry, beetroot curry, sauteed cabbage) |
Thursday:
Brunch: French toast and bacon
Brunch: French toast and bacon
![]() |
| French Toast and Bacon |
Dinner: Sauteed pork (made over pork chops - sliced thinly and sauteed with onions and spices), fried potatoes, and sauteed kale (from the garden)
Snacks/Dessert: Yogurt with kithul palm treacle (me), watermelon (daughter), mooncake
Friday:
Brunch: Bread rolls with sauteed pork filling
Dinner: Leftover rice and curries from Wednesday
Brunch: Bread rolls with sauteed pork filling
Dinner: Leftover rice and curries from Wednesday
Snacks/Dessert: Raisin buns (me), bananas, strawberries
Saturday:
Brunch: Assorted pastries served at Aunt C's funeral
Dinner: Leftover rice and curries (daughter); assorted pastries brought home from Aunt C's funeral (me)
Brunch: Assorted pastries served at Aunt C's funeral
Dinner: Leftover rice and curries (daughter); assorted pastries brought home from Aunt C's funeral (me)
Snacks/Dessert: Ice cream
Sunday:
Brunch: The last of the pastries from aunt's funeral and the last bread roll sandwiched with sauteed pork
Dinner: Rice, beef curry, sauteed kale, leftover beetroot curry, leftover sauteed cabbage, peach chutney
Brunch: The last of the pastries from aunt's funeral and the last bread roll sandwiched with sauteed pork
Dinner: Rice, beef curry, sauteed kale, leftover beetroot curry, leftover sauteed cabbage, peach chutney
Snacks/Dessert: Strawberries, cookies, a cup noodle soup
The meal plan options were mostly followed with a bit of extra tweaking, here and there. There were an abundance of pastries this week - most of them were savory pastries, but, there were some sweet ones, too!
Moving on to the current week (which we've already started); I'm calling it September Week 4 (9/21 - 9/27). Here are my meal plan options:
Brunches: Raisin buns, cup noodles soup, meal replacement drinks (dental work on Monday), Thai fried rice, congee, leftovers
Dinners: Thai fried rice, cup noodles soup, rice and curries (the curries will vary from day to day, but, chosen from the following options - omelette curry; meatball curry; chicken curry; sauteed kale, sauteed cabbage, spicy sauteed potatoes, fried eggplant curry, moringa curry, stir fried broccoli, maybe dhal), leftovers.
Snacks/Desserts: Fresh fruit, mooncakes, yogurt, ice cream, cookies
As always, I am grateful for the blessing of having plenty of food to eat, variety, and choices.
How about you? Did you make a meal plan for the second week in September? If so, did you follow the plan? Did/are you making a meal plan for this week in September?



Your meals look delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda. :)
DeleteAll your meals look so good! I'm rather tired of cooking these days! I hope you're feeling better about the prediction of strong El Nino weather now that the tree is gone. Good decision. I don't leave on my trip until 19 October. It'll be here soon enough!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Celie. I go through phases with wanting to cook. When I'm tired, though, I will make something really easy, like scrambled eggs and toast! I have a couple of other things I need to do before the storms arrive (a few things need to be nailed down!); I hope to get those things attended to in the next few weeks. But, I do feel happy that the tree has been removed.
DeleteOh, I guess I forgot when you were leaving. You must be getting quite excited about it as the date approaches. :)
Hoping that I can remember my travel date... ;)
DeleteLOL! Your sister will no doubt remind you if you should forget! :D
DeleteI haven't had breakfast yet. The French toast bacon look delicious. :)
ReplyDeleteFrench toast with bacon (or sausages) is highly recommended! :)
DeleteOnce again I am drooling over your food photos! The sautéed kale really appeals to me right now. I have some pork chops thawed out right now and there will be fish tomorrow, but I will need to shop for Saturday and next week.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bushlady. The kale is thriving in the garden and I am determined to use as much of it as I can. I just sauteed it in a little oil with a little garlic salt added to it and it was good.
DeleteYou make the most amazing food. I'm intrigued by beetroot curry. I wonder how it would taste, as beetroot is such an earthy flavour, or at least in my experience.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lyssa. Beetroot curry is a favorite of mine, although I like beetroot simply boiled and sliced with pepper and salt, too. :)
DeleteYou do have some delicious meal ideas. I feel like I need to shake things up, once I'm back on plan this week . I was busy last weekend and didn't get around to doing a full weekly shop. X
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jules. I'm sure your meal plans will change a bit as you transition from summer cuisine to winter dishes. Mine tends to stay the same year-round as I make curries no matter what the season it. :)
Delete