![]() |
| Rice, Salmon, Green Peas, Peach Chutney (Thursday Dinner) |
I'm late with my meal plan reviews and options, this week. But, better late than never! This was my September Week 2 meal plan option:
Brunches: Eggs, sausages, and fried potatoes✔; French toast✔, Raisin buns with bananas✔, Tortillas with scrambled eggs and lunu miris, Fried rice✔, Tuna salad sandwiches✔, Congee✔
Sunday Afternoon Potluck (daughter & friends): Pasta salad (daughter), whatever daughter's friends might bring! Meat pies and potato balls (with a meat filling) from a popular Cuban cafe, croissants, homemade mooncakes, some with lotus seed paste and some with red bean paste
Dinners: Rice with sauteed salmon and cucumber salad✔; Rice with chicken curry✔, sauteed cabbage, beetroot curry, and eggplant curry; Pork chops with mashed potatoes and vegetables; Leftovers, Rice with Chinese sausages
Snacks/Desserts: Fruit, ice cream, chocolate cake, smoothies, raisin buns
Here's how that turned out:
![]() |
| Monday Brunch |
Monday: Labor Day (put air to the car tires, picked up traps to catch the kittens to be neutered, shopped at the Asian grocery store, ordered regular groceries)
Brunch: Eggs, sausages, fried potatoes
Dinner: Rice, Chinese sausages, corn on the cob, cucumber salad
Brunch: Eggs, sausages, fried potatoes
Dinner: Rice, Chinese sausages, corn on the cob, cucumber salad
Snacks/Dessert: Raisin buns, rambutan, congee, watermelon, chocolate cake (me), taro cake (daughter)
Tuesday: (Grocery delivery)
Brunch: Raisin buns and bananas (me); Congee (daughter)
Dinner: Rice, Salmon sauteed with onions and canned Italian style tomatoes, cucumber salad
Dinner: Rice, Salmon sauteed with onions and canned Italian style tomatoes, cucumber salad
Snacks/Dessert: Rambutan, watermelon, raisin buns (yes, I snacked on them at tea time, too, in addition to having them for brunch!)
Wednesday: (Post office to mail a package)
Brunch: Fried rice
Dinner: Leftover rice, salmon, and cucumber salad
Dinner: Leftover rice, salmon, and cucumber salad
Snacks/Dessert: Raisin buns, banana, rambutan, watermelon, ice cream,
Thursday: (Dr's appointment)
Brunch: Tuna salad sandwiches
Dinner: Leftover rice and salmon with green peas and peach chutney
Dinner: Leftover rice and salmon with green peas and peach chutney
Snacks/Dessert: Raisin buns, bananas, rambutan, ice cream, congee
![]() |
| Vegetable Rice & Chinese Sausages (Friday Dinner) |
Friday: (9/11 - 25th Anniversary)
Brunch: French toast
Dinner: Vegetable rice (rice cooked with green peas and grated carrots) and Chinese sausages
Brunch: French toast
Dinner: Vegetable rice (rice cooked with green peas and grated carrots) and Chinese sausages
Snacks/Dessert: Raisin buns, banana, crackers with peanut butter
![]() |
| Pasta Dinner |
Saturday:
Brunch: Bagel with butter and pineapple jam (me); not sure what daughter had
Dinner: Pasta with pesto sauce, roasted red bell peppers, and canned chicken breast (daughter made the dinner)
Brunch: Bagel with butter and pineapple jam (me); not sure what daughter had
Dinner: Pasta with pesto sauce, roasted red bell peppers, and canned chicken breast (daughter made the dinner)
Snacks/Dessert: Tuna salad on crackers, wafer cookies, tangerines
Sunday: (Daughter & Friends Afternoon Tea/Potluck)
Brunch: Tuna salad on toast (me)
Afternoon Tea: Pasta salad, meat pies and potato balls (with meat filling), croissants, homemade mooncakes, some with lotus seed paste and some with red bean paste (each with a salted preserved duck egg yolk in the middle representing the full moon)
Dinner: Leftovers from afternoon tea
Brunch: Tuna salad on toast (me)
Afternoon Tea: Pasta salad, meat pies and potato balls (with meat filling), croissants, homemade mooncakes, some with lotus seed paste and some with red bean paste (each with a salted preserved duck egg yolk in the middle representing the full moon)
Dinner: Leftovers from afternoon tea
Snacks/Dessert: Leftovers from afternoon tea!
Well, I didn't cook all the dishes I had listed as dinner options; for one thing, with temperatures of 105F on a couple of days during the week, I didn't feel like cooking much, but, we didn't go hungry!
This week is much cooler and I am planning to do some cooking, eventually, once we finish up the leftovers! Here are this week's meal plan options (9/14 - 9/20)
Brunches: Leftovers from Sunday's Afternoon Tea (Monday and Tuesday); pancakes or waffles; Eggs, bacon, and toast or fried potatoes; leftovers
Dinners: Leftover Pasta (on Monday); Breakfast for Dinner (Eggs, Bacon, Toast - Tuesday); Pork chops made over with rice and vegetables; Chicken Kottu Roti made with tortillas instead of roti; Rice and curries (chicken, beets, cabbage thel dala, etc.); leftovers
Snacks/Desserts: Bananas, peanut butter and crackers, mooncakes, tangerines, watermelon, cantaloupe, muffins or bread pudding
As always, I am grateful for the blessing of having plenty of food to eat, variety, and choice and for friends who bless us with gifts of food.
How about you? Did you make a meal plan for the second week in September? If so, did you follow the plan? Did/are you making a meal plan for this week in September?





Today I had to look up mooncakes, and rambutan. I love reading your menu plans and what you actually ate because there are always things that sound so exotic to me.
ReplyDeleteGlad you found something new to look up, Anne. I posted about buying the rambutan in an earlier post (Labor Day Monday). They are a fruit I grew up eating as a child (we had a tree in our front yard). The mooncakes were made by my daughter's friend.
DeleteThere are always things on the menu that I don't know and even more I've never tasted. :)
DeleteThere's always some new food to try, isn't there? :)
DeleteYou are so organized, I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Thank you, Amalia. I strive to be organized, but, often feel quite disorganized! :)
Delete