The monthly photo challenge is hosted by Eileen at A Bracelet of Days and the theme for August was "Begins with B".
I had a lot of fun with this theme and took far too many photos! I had to cull them quite a bit, but, here are the ones that I selected to post (there might be a theme within a theme, here!)
Starting with the backyard:
 |
| Backyard |
Which, these day,s means these
birds:
 |
Backyard Chickens
|
 |
"Brown" Hen (Breed is Rhode Island Red) |
 |
| Barred (Plymouth Rock) Hen |
 |
| Bare Spot on the Back Slowly Filling In |
 |
| Beak Wide Open |
 |
| Beak Open Wider |
Thank you, Eileen, for hosting the monthly photo challenge. I really enjoyed participating.
If anyone else is interested in joining the monthly photo challenge, the theme for September is "Measuring/Measurements". The rules are posted on Eileen's website and are simple: photos must be taken during the month (no archive photos) and a minimum of five (no upper limit).
The chickens have made this photo contest easy, haven't they? I'm glad to see that the bald spot is filling in on the "Rhode Island Red" (it sounds very grand, doesn't it?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Bushlady. I thought it would be fun to feature the chickens - I might do a second post of the other pictures that didn't make the cut, later!
DeleteThose were fun Bs. My favorite is one chicken on top of the other. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, June. I had a lot of fun with this post. The last two photos are of them perched on my daughter's neck (Niwatori) and on her head (Henny Penny). Niwatori had a LOT to say about it, too! LOL.
DeleteLovely photos. The balancing act made me smile ๐ ๐
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda. They are silly chickens, but, they make us smile. :)
DeleteThe backyard chickens are my favourite. They are full of personality. Xx
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jules. They are definitely full of personality!
DeleteI completely missed this before! You found lots of good hen-related Bs. I hope to see the others soon.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lady Ella. I had fun with this post. :)
DeleteLOL
ReplyDeleteHow funny and clever you turned this month's challenge into.
The birds are showing off for their day in the spotlight and a good job they did.
They are living a happy life!
Thank you, Debra. Now that I don't have Dancer to help me with my photo challenges, the hens have taken on the roll! :D They are certainly enjoying their outdoor time, every day.
DeleteI did think of Dancer and wondered how he would have fit in with the B prompt. I guess Boy Cat could've been the beginning....
DeleteYes, or Best Kitty/Friend. We miss him so much!
Delete