My cheek is still somewhat swollen from the extraction, so I called my supervisor to take the day off from going in to the office, this morning. I didn't want to go in looking like a chipmunk on one side! But the pain has subsided enough that I didn't need to take any Tylenol today, which I think is a good sign. I still have another day of antibiotics and then, the follow up appointment is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
It was a slightly cooler day, today. I didn't need to retreat to the room with the air conditioner and managed with only the fans.
Dancer was very happy to have the run of the house! Of course, since he had the entire house to roam in, he chose to regurgitate some undigested food in my bedroom, right next to the bed, in the little space between the bed and the closet door, which is where I walk to get things like my other pair of glasses from my bedside table. Which was how I found out he had regurgitated, in the first place! DANCER!!! Oh, have I mentioned that I usually walk barefoot inside the house when it isn't cold enough for me to warrant wearing socks? I wasn't expecting to step on something wet and squishy...eww, eww, eww! I suppose I should be grateful it was just undigested food and not something else!
I unpicked the covers from the throw pillows on the family room sofa (when I sewed the covers, I neglected to sew zippers or fasteners, so whip stitch them closed each time) and put them, the dust sheets, and the towels I use to cover the arms of the sofa to wash. They are hanging up to dry. Then, I lint rollered the sofas and covered them with different old sheets I keep for the purpose. I will probably put the same covers back on the throw pillows (they have a pattern of old fashioned seed packets on them), but I am getting a little tired of them.
|The cushion covers under discussion|
Today, I harvested the second zucchini from my plants:
It's not very big, maybe all of four inches. But I didn't want to keep it on the plant for any longer, because, it comes already pre-baked, as you can see:
|Side that was exposed to the sun|
Later in the evening, I put gas to the car. The nozzle kept clicking off on me, but one of the gas station clerks, who was out and about cleaning around the pumps, helped me put the gas. Later, I put water to the back garden, cleaned out the fridge, took the trash cans to the curb, washed the dishes, and wiped down the kitchen counters. Still need to clean the litter box. I didn't get around to potting up the seedlings, again.
- Repot the papaya seedlings in a bigger pot (too hot to plant them outside!)
- Pot up the avocado seedling
- Wash the sofa dust sheets and cushion covers - DONE
- Sew a belt to go with the blue patterned skirt and blouse
- Grocery shop for a few things
- Clean out the fridge - DONE
- Take the trash cans to the curb - DONE- Water the garden - WATERED the back garden
- Put gas to the car - DONE
- Submit mileage verification for car insurance discount - DONE
- Do the dishes - DONE
- Wipe down kitchen counters - DONE
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Go to the office
- Grocery shop on the way home
- Bring the trash cans in
- Water the front garden
- Pot up the seedlings (papaya, avocado)
- Re sew the cushion covers
- Sew the blue belt
Today, I am grateful for:
- Being able to stay home from the office
- A slightly cooler day
- Dancer is OK, he just ate too fast
- Tooth extraction seems to be healing OK
- Gas station clerk helping me pump the gas
How was your Monday?