|Milkrice and Spicy Onion Relish|
Then, I picked some roses from the garden and offered milkrice, flowers, and incense at the altar:
|Flowers for Offering|
I also listened to some chanting of Buddhist blessings on-line, which fulfilled a spiritual need I had.
I put away the laundry from Sunday and did another load of laundry - bath mats and kitchen rug. Then, since I can't put a newly washed kitchen rug down on a dirty kitchen floor, I mopped the kitchen floor!
Later in the afternoon, I put gas to the car, so I'd be able to start the work week on a full tank of gas; gas was $2.76/gal. and it came to $30.04 to fill the tank. I already had a little over 1/4 tank, as I don't like to go below that for the most part (although, very occasionally, I live dangerously and drive to the office and back on a 1/4 tank of gas!)
Then, I went to the pharmacy and picked up three of my medication refills; I paid $40 for them.
Afterwards, I stopped at the dollar store, which is located next to the pharmacy, to buy bananas ($.60 @$.49/lb), a packet of chocolate wafers ($1), and two packages of gelatin ($.50 each); the groceries came to $2.60:
|May 1 Groceries|
There were actually three bananas, but I ate one before I took the picture! LOL.
I also bought some new clothes hangers:
|8 New Clothes Hangers|
I spent a total of $3.69 for dollar store purchases:
|Dollar Store Receipt|
In the evening, after it became cooler, I planted the zucchini seedlings and tomato plant:
|Zucchini Seedling 1|
|Zucchini Seedling 2|
I planted all three seedlings in the same bed where I planted the patty pan squash, which isn't doing well, except for one seedling.
|Tomato and Zucchini Seedlings|
Another view, showing the mesh to keep the cats out, the poles to hopefully keep the birds out (with my luck, they'll think they are convenient perches for them!) and the unweeded part of the bed!
|Veggie Bed 2|
Then, in an attempt to shield the zucchini seedlings from the sun, lest they suffer the same fate as the patty pan squash, I broke off a few small branches from the lemon trees and stuck them around the seedlings to shelter them!
|Lemon Branches to Shield the Seedlings|
And gave them all a drink of water. Hope these seedlings grow!
After that, I watered the front garden, cleaned out the fridge, and took the trash cans to the curb.
All in all, it was a pretty productive day, and a good way to start off the month!
On Monday, I was grateful for:
- Being able to have a vacation day from work
- "Solar powered dryers" a.k.a. clothes line!
- Medications that help me manage my illnesses
- Insurance that helps pay for the medications
- Being able to listen to chantings online
Monday's To Do List:
- Put away dried laundry - DONE
- Do another load of laundry - DONE
- Weed the rest of the planting bed
- Transplant the zucchini seedlings and tomato plant - DONE
- Plant the succulents
- More paperwork
- Dust the bedroom furniture
- Mop kitchen - DONE
- Put gas to the car - DONE
- Pharmacy to pick up refills - DONE
- Dollar store for a few items - DONE
- Clean the fridge - DONE
- Take the trash cans to the curb - DONE
- Water the seedlings and front garden - DONE
- Declutter 1 item- DONE (the plastic 6-pack planting tray the calendula plants came in which I reused to germinate the squash seedlings; I put it in the recycling bin)
Dinner was rice, dhal (lentil) curry, sauted curried green beans, and some smoked sausage sliced and sauted with spring onions; a slice of raisin stollen for dessert.
How was your Monday?