|No all beef patties or sesame seed bun!|
First of all, thank you to everyone who read my posts over the weekend and commented with such kindness and caring. I know I was venting. I love my family and I know they do care for me, it's just that I get a bit bent out of shape about things, from time to time! I guess I have my own short comings. We all do, don't we?
I stayed up too late last night (so what else is new?) and, as a result, slept all morning! By the time I had a cup of coffee, read and replied to comments, and responded to some emails, it was late afternoon.
Finally, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my medication refill. I received $6 in Extra Care Bucks! I have to figure out what I want to spend it on.
Then, I did a little grocery shopping. I don't know what came over me, but I kind of went crazy at the grocery store, today! I bought the things I wanted to buy - bananas ($.69/lb.), milk ($1.99 for half gallon), cold cuts for sandwiches (pastrami, $2.99), a can of mackerel ($1.99), two bread rolls ($.50@), some meat and fish that were on sale, etc. The piece of chuck steak had been reduced to $3.32; the two pieces of halibut were reduced to $5.25 (from $7.00) and $5.39 (from $7.20). But then, I bought cookies! ($3.79) And chips! Two bags! ($1.77@) And ice cream! ($3.00) And chocolate! Not one but two bars! ($1.50@) I don't even like the taste of chocolate, any more! Oh, my! My total came to $36.20.
I didn't take a picture of the groceries because I was hungry when I came home. I quickly put away the meat, fish, ice cream and milk and made myself a sandwich with one of the bread rolls and some pastrami. I tried a few chips and they were okay. Then, I had some ice cream - French vanilla flavor; it tasted okay, too. I guess my taste buds are coming back, which can be both a good and a bad thing! I tried one of the cookies but it still tasted slightly bitter. Later, I made myself the lovely salad I've pictured above - lettuce, cucumber, a grated carrot, and some honey-mustard dressing. Now I don't feel as guilty for having eaten chips and a cookie and ice cream!
After I came home from the grocery store, I took the trash cans to the curb.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Kind readers who leave thoughtful, considerate, and supportive comments
- Vacation time off from work
- Being able to sleep in!
- Being able to enjoy ice cream again (just have to be careful not to enjoy it too much!)
- Being able to eat salads without washing everything in vinegar first, as I did when I was undergoing chemo
Monday's To Do List:
- go to the pharmacy to pick up another refill that's ready - DONE
- grocery shop for the week - DID SOME; need to go to the ethnic store tomorrow for vegetables
- empty the waste baskets/kitchen trash, etc. - DONE
- take the trash cans to the curb - DONE
- water the garden, front and back
- call to schedule a service for the car
- buy potting soil
Tuesday's To Do List:
- Bring trash cans in
- Do the rest of the grocery shopping
- Cook the fish and beef
- Water the garden
- Call to schedule a car service
- Buy potting soil
- Litter box
- Clear/dust bedside table/nightstand
- Pay bills
- Take a bag of curry leaves to my friend and return her empty containers
I would also like to make some strawberry jam and a batch of orange marmalade, but that might have to wait for next weekend.
How was your Monday? Have you ever gone a bit crazy while grocery shopping and bought a bunch of stuff that's bad for you which you hadn't planned to buy?