Today has been a windy day! I can hear the windows rattling as I type this.
I spent a fairly quiet day, today. I went to the office and had a productive work day. The drive home, however, took two hours as there were lots of traffic delays due to accidents. I had intended to put gas to the car on the way home; however, due to the delays, I was tired and getting hungry. So, I decided to come home directly and put gas in the morning (there is, actually, just over quarter tank of gas, which would be more than enough to go to work and come home, tomorrow, too, but I like to fill up before I get to quarter tank).
Home and a cup of tea with some of the pastries from yesterday were just what I needed. Breakfast had been an egg salad sandwich, lunch had been another egg salad sandwich and a banana. I had some crackers, too, as a snack. Later, I cooked a pot of rice and had some of it with the rest of the green beans I had cooked earlier, mixed with some of the ground beef, with tomato chutney and a cucumber salad (just half a cucumber chopped and dressed with lemon juice, a little salt, and pepper). I am also having a cup of hot cocoa as I type this, as I wanted a hot drink.
Today, I called one of my friends to check on her (she had called me earlier in the week and had been sad about an accidental death in her extended family) and and texted one of my cousins to check on her (she had a sore throat and was on antibiotics for it, earlier this week). Friend was doing OK; cousin didn't reply to my text.
Today, I am grateful for:
- Safe commutes to the office and back
- A CD player in the car (this is the first car I've had with a CD player, and although the car is now 3 years old, I still haven't got used to the novelty!)
- Being able to listen to some of my favorite music while I drive
- My appetite and taste buds are returning!
Late last night, after I had published my blog post, I felt bad about not tidying up the house and so, I did a quick tidy of the living room! So that item on the to do list has been started on!
Thursday's To Do List:
- Go to the office - DONE
- Put gas to the car - Friday
- Daily tasks - DONE (dishes, litter box, etc.)
- Tidy the house - STARTED (tidied the living room on Wednesday night, tidied the kitchen, today)
Friday's To Do List:
- Leave a note to the gardener
- Put gas to the car
- Go to the office
- Daily tasks (dishes, litter box, etc.)
- Pharmacy to pick up medication refill
How was your Thursday? What are your plans for Friday? Are you ready for the end of March?