New Year Joy List:
1. Greet the New Year with my daughter - Done! We watched the count down on TV, toasted the New Year with sparkling apple cider, and I made the traditional milkrice.
2. Prayer and contemplation - Daily prayers and some contemplating and studying, as well.
3. Continue to enjoy using the special china - I have continued to enjoy drinking my morning and evening tea in my special cups.
4. Continue to chat daily with my daughter - Definitely one of the highlights of my day.
5. Visit my neighbors for the New Year - Visited two of them.
6. Do a craft project - I started some but didn't finish! Seems like I am very good at starting projects but not at finishing them!
7. Attend the monthly prayer gatherings - I attended some, but had to miss others due to health issues.
8. Spend a little more time in the garden - Have been doing more gardening. Planted new plants in the front garden.
|The Newly Planted Aeoniums|
9. Continue to enjoy some candle light in the evenings - Not as often as I wanted to.
10. Continue to listen to music - Have been listening to a variety of music.
11. Play the piano more often - Not as often as I wanted to.
12. Sing more often - Not as often as I wanted to; my voice is still rather hoarse from my cough.
13. Daughter's next visit home for her birthday (early March) - Had a lovely visit with her.
14. Go out to lunch or dinner at a favorite restaurant with daughter to celebrate her birthday - We ordered take out from our favorite Italian restaurant and ate at home. Daughter did go out several days for brunch and dinner with friends, though.
15. Invite a friend out to lunch or dinner - Invited my friend, but she was unable to make it. Was invited out to friends' homes to meals, instead, and other friends brought me meals!
I didn't do some of the items as often as I wanted to, but I engaged in some joyful activities during this time. I will be back with a new list for Spring. Did you, too, make a joy list? If so, were you able to do some of the activities you planned to do?