|Flowers from the Garden and a Photo-Bombing Cat!|
I had a fairly quiet day, today. I slept in a bit, then, called my half-sister, since she had called twice and left messages asking how I was. Put away the laundry, cleaned the other bathroom, washed the dishes, took pictures of the garden and picked some flowers and pine branches to bring in. Swept the kitchen, too, since some of the pine needles fell on the floor. The kitchen floor needs mopping, but will do that another day.
It didn't rain, after all, today, although it remained overcast for the most part. So, later in the evening, I put the sprinklers on and watered the back garden. The front doesn't need to be watered yet because my gardener did that on Friday.
Later in the evening, one of my cousins called and brought over Christmas gifts from another cousin, who was going to be out of state for Christmas. Since I haven't put up a Christmas tree, yet, this year, and really don't know if I will (all depends on the state of my health, I guess), I swept the living room fireplace hearth and set the bags of gifts there. Even if I don't do a lot of decorating, this year, the fireplace will look festive. I also made my initial gift list; I have managed to keep it to 30!
Today, I scrambled an egg and had that with a slice of toast for my breakfast. Later, I had a bowl of tomato soup for my lunch. A cup of tea in the evening, with a handful of pistachio nuts. Dinner was two pieces of breaded frozen fish fillets, baked, with rice and green peas, followed by the last of the grapes for dessert.
Today, I am grateful for:
- The garden still growing and giving me flowers and fruits to enjoy
- Having an internet connection, again!
- Eating the pine needles didn't make Dancer too sick!
- Gifts from my cousin
- Speaking on the phone with my sister, aunts, cousins, and a neighbor; exchanging emails with a friend; video chatting with my daughter
Sunday's To Do List:
- Put away laundry from Saturday - DONE
- Clean the other bathroom (sink and toilet; sweep floor) - DONE
- More paperwork and filing - NOT done
- Call sister (she had called twice and left messages) - DONE
- Check weather forecast (DONE) and water the back garden, if needed - DONE
- Start thinking about holiday gifts! - STARTED! Made my list!
- Sweep kitchen - DONE
- Sweep fireplace hearth - DONE
Monday's To Do List:
- Hydration appointment in the morning
- Grocery shop? Need fresh vegetables and fruit
- Empty waste baskets and recycling
- Take trash cans to the curb
- Paperwork and filing
- Dust the living room (at least the coffee table and piano)
How was your Sunday? Did you have a nice weekend?