Bit of a weather change, here, in So. Cal. today. Today's high was only 60F according to the forecast and there was rain in the afternoon!
I have been waking up feeling tired, lately. Yesterday, I was too tired to do anything in the morning and took a nap in the afternoon. As a result, I decided not to go grocery shopping for the eggs and decided not to bake more corn bread. I felt better, later in the evening, but I continued to take it relatively easy. I did water the garden, front and back, as I wasn't sure if it would rain, and did a load of laundry. Daughter had a stiff neck/shoulder blade, so I didn't ask her to take down the almsgiving dishes for me. I did get her to clean the litter box, though!
Friday's To Do List:
- Rest/relax - DONE
- Wash dishes/put away dishes from yesterday - DONE
- Grocery shop for eggs? - NO; decided not to
- Bake corn bread? - NO; decided not to
- Water the garden - DONE
- Choose an outfit for Saturday's birthday party - DONE
- Write out the cards I bought earlier - DONE
- Load of laundry - DONE
- Have daughter take down dishes for almsgiving - NOT DONE
Today is a day for attending family gatherings. In the afternoon, one cousin held a Sweet 16 birthday party for his daughter. This evening, another cousin is hosting this month's prayer gathering at her house. I will be getting a ride with another cousin and her daughter to the prayer gathering. It feels like a bit of "feast or famine", when it comes to family gatherings, at times. Often, there won't be anything happening for weeks on end and then, there are several things to attend, at once!
Saturday's To Do List:
- Put away laundry from yesterday- DONE
- Look up driving directions to the party venue - DONE
- Switch items to new purse - DONE
- Attend cousin's daughter's Sweet Sixteen birthday party in the afternoon - DONE
- Come home and rest - RESTING!
- Attend the monthly prayer gathering at another cousin's house in the night - a bit later
Today, I am grateful for:
- Family gatherings, especially in happy circumstances
- Getting a ride with my cousin
- More rain
- A working heater
- Being able to enjoy my food, again (at least, the savory stuff; sweets still taste bitter)
Sunday's To Do List:
- Have daughter take down almsgiving dishes
- Take daughter to airport
- Do any "catch up" tasks from the week
- Take down/put away Thanksgiving decorations
How was your Saturday?