- Do dishes/run dishwasher - DONE
- Put away washed dishes - DONE
- Clean stove top/under burners - DONE
- Clean vent hood - DONE
- Clean microwave - DONE
- Clear kitchen counters/wipe down - DONE
- Scrub sink - DONE
- Dust/Tidy - living room (DONE), dining area (DONE), family room (DONE), my bedroom
- Vacuum - living room, dining area, family room, kitchen, hallway, bedrooms - DONE
- Quick clean bathrooms - DONE
- Call and accept birthday party invitation - DONE
- Have aunt and cousin over to dinner - DONE
- Water the house plants - DONE
I usually do my dishes by hand, but the dishwasher needed to be run and so, I let the dishes pile up for a couple of days to have enough to justify running the dishwasher. While the dishes were being washed, I cleaned the rest of the kitchen.
Then, I tidied and dusted the living room, dining area, and family room and vacuumed those rooms, the kitchen, and the hallway. I wanted to do the bedrooms, too, but felt I had done enough for one day. I didn't want to overdo things and get too tired as I was expecting a visit from my aunt and cousin.
I also walked around the garden and picked some pineapple guavas (feijoa) and cherry guavas:
|Pineapple Guavas and Cherry Guavas|
My aunt and cousin brought me samosas from the Indian restaurant and I had two of them for my dinner. My aunt and cousin had rice, honey-sesame chicken, dhal, green beans and the last of the biscuits I had baked earlier; fresh guavas for dessert. Cousin washed up the plates and dishes we used for the dinner and later, after aunt and cousin left, I put away the dried dishes and pots and pans, including the ones I had washed earlier.
It rained again, this morning! Maybe we are going to have a wet winter this year! Even after it stopped raining, it's been cloudy and cool (today's highs only in the upper 60s). We are supposed to have a cloud cover for the next couple of days, but the forecast says the Santa Ana winds will be back by Wednesday and temperatures will be in the low to mid 80s.
My aunt called to thank me for a lovely evening and dinner, last night, saying she enjoyed herself. Later, my neighbor called for our weekly Sunday morning chat.
I vacuumed the bedrooms and cleaned the bathrooms, today. Still need to tidy and dust my bedroom and do paperwork. I think I will wait to do the laundry until it gets warmer, later in the week, so things can air dry without any problems.
I am so glad I was able to clean most of the house over the weekend, this time, without getting too tired. I will concentrate on tidying and dusting my bedroom and doing paperwork over the upcoming week. I am kind of "done" with housework for the weekend. :)
This weekend, I am grateful for:
- More rain for the garden (splitting oranges notwithstanding)
- A pleasant visit with aunt and cousin
- A call from my neighbor
- Getting the housework done!
- A mostly clean and tidy house!
How was your weekend? Do you make weekend to do lists, too?