|Day on the Calendar|
Today, September 21, is designated as International Day of Peace by the United Nations. My calendar marked the day and Angela posted about it on her blog, here. Surely peace, both within ourselves and among all nations and people, is something we would all like to have? Would wish and pray for? Yet it remains so elusive.
|An Offering of Flowers|
|An Offering of Light|
Today, I am grateful for:
- A day devoted to the ideal of peace throughout the world
- An opportunity to pray for peace
- Flowers from the garden and what they symbolize
- The light of the candle and what it symbolizes
- Those who strive for peace
It would be lovely if every day was Peace Day, wouldn't it?